History of TRAX
- TRAX was invented by a New Zealander and first published in that country and the United States in 1982.
- Favourable reviews, prestigious awards and enthusiastic fan letters followed in quick succession and last year sales of the tile sets and computer program topped 250,000.
- Clubs were formed, tournaments organised and an International TRAX Association established to control the playing of the game around the world.
- TRAX arrived on the Internet in 1993 on a small play by email server in Virginia (firstname.lastname@example.org) where some of the world's best players have played over 4,000 games to date. TRAX is easily the most played proprietary game on that server.
- World Championship Tournaments have been held since 1984 and the current World Champion is Dr Donald Bailey of New Zealand who regained the title from Dan Pless of the U.S. in 1996.
- In 1999, TRAX was selected for inclusion in the Microsoft Gaming Zone, one of the first proprietary strategy games to have been accorded that privilege. By far the largest gaming zone on the Internet with over 2 million subscribers, the MS Gaming Zone is making the biggest contribution yet to raising the profile of this fast growing game world wide.
- In 2003, we established our own Trax lobby here at traxgame.com, and in the same year, Trax was released on GoldToken Games.
- In 2006, TANTRIX took over the international marketing rights to TRAX.
So please take some time to dip into the resources listed, and catch the action on the Trax lobby. Statistics indicate there is a better than even chance that you too will become addicted to one of the most original and unusual strategy games around. Happy TRAXing!